Thursday, November 17, 2011

BIG DOG'S BREWING COMPANY

http://www.usmenuguide.com/bigdogsbrewing.html


We rolled a 3.


Don chooses the restaurant!


Having seen the big Box shaped restaurant a few times while driving down Sahara, he decided he wanted to finally go inside, my crazy neighbor Maria was worried that they only had food for dogs inside and that maybe somewhere inside were actual dogs ready to eat us but like I said she is crazy.


The Interior isnt too bad, when you first walk in, you can see to the left is a dining area and to the right is a sports bar so Don could check the scores of the latest baseball or football game-The only Gay man on the planet that likes sports right?


There were dogs inside as Maria had suggested but the dogs were statues and paintings.  The Booths were comfortable and as anyone with Fibromyalgia knows, seating and comfort is a TOP Priority in where to dine out.


Our Waiter was a mildly friendly man named Eric.  He asked us what we wanted to drink and we both ordered soda, me diet out of habit mostly and I would think that regular soda after 10+ Years of drinking diet would be too sweet for me now and told Eric that we needed some time to look at the menu, what we meant was we needed time to roll the die to see what items we had to try off the menu, there is a one bite rule for each item selected and then we are free to order whatever else we desire.


I rolled a 1 which means that I have to try an item off the menu from a section that I choose, I decided Id be willing to try an Appetizer of some kind.  I then rolled a 4 which is Don, This means that he gets to choose an item from the List for me to try.   He chose the Wisconsin Cheese Curds:   White Cheddar cheese curds, breaded and fried golden. Served with homemade dill horseradish sauce & ranch dressing for dipping! $8


Ok...So Really these are just Mozzerella Bites with a Horseradish sauce which was the only thing that made it Unique and Tasty, dont get me wrong, they were good but they arent anything different or special, I probably wouldnt order them again because they arent anything that I cant get at any other restaurant and I am the kind of guy that likes something memorable when I eat out-The Price?   A bit spendy for Cheese bites.


I looked over the rest of the menu and decided that I wanted the Fiesta Taco Salad:  Fried tortilla layered with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and black olives tossed in our Smoky Avocado Ranch dressing. Topped with spicy taco beef, queso fresco, cilantro. Served with roasted tomato salsa and sour cream. $10


Delicious!   The Shell is edible and HUGE, I had to take some home because there was so much, My only problem was that it wasnt spicy enough, once in a while I would get a bit of heat when I would take a bite but it wasnt often enough but I would definately order this item again!


Now it was time to find out what Item off the menu Don had to Try!


I rolled a 1 which meant that I get to pick the section of the menu that I want him to try an item from and I decided to be nice and chose: Soups and Salads because I know how much Don loves a good salad-as much as I do really!


I then Rolled a 2 which means I get to choose his salad and despite the Fiesta Taco Salad had Avocado Ranch Dressing (He hates Avocados) I figured he should still try it and if he didnt like it he could always order something else, he LOVED It!


So, what is the final Rating?     The Following is our discussed and combined Total on a Scale of 0-10.   10 Being The Best Score of course, down the line after we have been to a few more places, we will each list our favorite 3 Places.


Restaurant Atmosphere:     9
Menu Variety:   6
Comfort/Intimacy Level:   4
Service:  3
Food:  6

No comments:

Post a Comment