Friday, November 18, 2011

CABO WABO CANTINA

http://www.usmenuguide.com/cabowabolv.html

I had heard good things about this place from several people including my sister, I also knew that this place was connected to Sammy Hagar, either he had a special booze here or maybe he had parties here, I couldnt remember but I knew the place was in the back of my mind from something connected to him.

Don rolled the Big Green die and 6 came up, This means the die gets to choose from the above site, conventiantly if you look at the front Page of the site (under Las Vegas) there are 6 sections from Cuisine to the Best of Vegas, so Don rolled again and 5 came up, New additions, one more roll revealed we were going to the first place on the list-Cabo Wabo Cantina.

Located in The Miracle Mile shops inside Planet Hollywood, we called ahead to make sure they didnt have a dress code ans we didnt need to RSVP, once we found out that we could come as are we headed in that direction.

From the moment we arrived the Greeter at the front desk gave us a strange look, like we were dressed well enough to be there or maybe it was that I looked young, maybe it was that she noticed I dont have teeth, who knows-It was disturbing but I ignored that, knowing we wouldnt have to deal with her for the rest of the night anyways as she pointed out there are Waiter was to be a nice man named Eric.

I knew I wanted a cocktail but they didnt list the prices-I should have asked, something I would come to regret later.

I rolled the die to see what Item I had to try an Item from and It said 4, Don gets to choose.   Don chose for me to have a Cocktail which made me happy since I was going to do that anyways!    I rolled again and it said 4  Don chooes my cocktail.   Don looked over the list and chose: Coconut Margarita.

It was Delicious but came in a small Plastic Glass, one that you could take with you when you left so I thought I would order my second drink on the way out as we were planning to walk around the Miracle Mile shops to let dinner settle before we headed for home and I have a 2-3 drink limit when Don and I head out to eat.

I rolled to see what section of the menu Don would have to order from and the die roll was a 5, The die would choose a section from the menu, a few more rolls revealed that he would have to try an Appetizer.   I rolled again to see who would choose one for him and it said 1  Me.   I chose for him to try the cheese Quesadillas.

He liked them.

I ordered Chipotle Shrimp Appetizer and because the menu was so limited in what I would be able to chew, Almost every Beef Item in every part of the menu was shredded Beef-No Ground Beef whatsoever and we asked Eric since they clearly had Hamburgers on the menu if someone could just put Ground Beef into one of the Tacos for me and he said he would ask, he came back a few minutes later with a NO.

So I ordered the shrimp Tacos, he assured me that the Chipotle Shrimp was going to be spicy and the Tacos would compliment and cool my mouth down.

Don didnt order as that was his choice because he had already tried the Cheese Quesadillas and that was all he was obligated to try but he wanted a cocktail and ended up getting a Mango Margarita, I went ahead and told Eric that I wanted the Pomegranite Margarita to Go when we were done eating and he said he would get it for me.

My Chipotle Shrimp wasnt spicy whatsoever.   The Tacos were OK, Nothing special, The seats were uncomfortable, No one was really there at this time of night but it wasnt intimate whatsoever and while Don enjoyed the meal, I really didnt, They had big screen Tv's with some sport on and thats probably why he liked it so much, at the end when the bill came I was shocked-$77!

why?  The Little drinks in the Little to go plastic cups were $12 each, so 3 drinks were $36!

Clearly should The die choose for us to return here or should someone we are dicing with in the future say, Lets to Cabo Wabo Cantina then I will have to abide by the rules of the die and go back but if its ever my choice?  No way!

Restaurant Atmosphere:     5
Menu Variety:   1
Comfort/Intimacy Level:   0
Service:  5
Food:  1

Top 3?    No, In Fact, My least favorite Place.   Don though lists a different restaurant as his least favorite, we will get to that one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment