Friday, November 18, 2011

INDIA OVEN

http://www.usmenuguide.com/indiaoven.htm

Cabo Wabo stands as my least favorite restaurant.   India Oven is Don's.   I would almost agree with him if it werent for 2 of the food items that I had while we were there, while the food at Cabo Wabo didnt impress me at all!

Don rolled the Big Green Die and a 6 came up.   The die would choose the restaurant from the site listed above.  It chose Cuisine and eventually Indian came up and from there the die chose India Oven but this took a few rolls of the die.

We called ahead to make sure that we didnt need reservations or that they didnt have a dress code and the nice man on the Phone said that we could come right when they opened at 5pm and we wouldnt need to RSVP.

Upon arriving we sat down at a corner table and both of us ordered soda.  They do offer wine but no cocktails so tonight would be a night that I would have to just skip getting a buzz  :D

Our Waiter was an Indian man named Petria.  

I rolled a 1 which meant that I get to choose the section from which I have to try something and I chose appetizer.   I rolled again and a 2 meant I would get to choose which Appetizer I should try.  I looked at the list and decided on: Paneer Pakora.  Cheese dipped into a Garbanzo Bean Batter and deep fried.

Don and I Both tried it.   The cheese had ZERO flavor and we became curious at what kind of cheese could have no flavor so we called Petria over and asked him what kind of cheese it was and his answer?  Cheese.   Well Yes, we know that its cheese, what kind is it?   Cheese.   Yeah, Ok.  That went well.

I also ended up ordering the Sampler Platter for $26 which was Chicken Marsala, Chicken Tikka, Ground Lamb, Chopped Lamb and Tandoori Chicken.  We were expecting a HUGE Plate of Sampler Meats but we got a small plate with just a few pieces of each which Don helped me sample.  The Chicken Tikka and The Ground Lamb were wonderful which is why this restaurant didnt hit the bottom of my list!

The rest of the food wasnt good at all.  weird that I like ground lamb but cant stand chopped lamb?  

I rolled to see what section Don would have to try something and rolled a 1 so I chose for him to try an Appetizer.   Then I rolled a 3 which meant he would get to choose his own and he decided on Vegetable Samosa-Potatoes and Peas deep fried.  It also had no real flavor.   Don hated the whole meal.  He is now so afraid of Indian food that when its the die's choice when we go dicing, he Prays and chants that no Indian restaurant will be chosen!

Restaurant Atmosphere:     6
Menu Variety:   4
Comfort/Intimacy Level:   2
Service:  0
Food:  3

Top 3?    No.   In Fact, Unless The Die says we have to return, we Probably wont!

No comments:

Post a Comment