Friday, November 18, 2011

CHAPALAS MEXICAN RESTAURANT

http://www.chapalasmexicanrestaurant.com/

Another week arrived and we rolled the Big Green Die.  Don loves to roll and insists that it has to hit the kitchen wall and then land on the tile or it doesnt count. 

He rolled a 1 so I get to choose!

I have always wanted to go into Chapala's which is down on Decatur near Trader Joes so I am always walking past it when I head to the Bookstore, I had heard a bad review by Maria's stepdaughter Ria some years ago but thought this would be a good place to try.

The Atmosphere was instantly cozy and comfortable, they have nice big booths and every table has a candle on it.  Very Romantic. 

We were greeted by an older Mexican woman whose name I can never remember even though we have been to this restaurant (as you will see later) several times over and she always says her name but me with Fibro Fog just forgets it each time but she is a wonderful and friendly server.

I rolled the die once we sat down, a 5.

The Die gets to choose the section of the menu for me to try an Item, after Just one more roll the die chose Booze!

I rolled again...a 3, so Don chooses which drink I have to try and it was a Banana Margarita.  DELICIOUS.   I also decided to order a combo meal, 3 Items, a chicken Tamale and 2 Ground Beef Tacos which along with Beans and Rice and the chips and salsa that were brought out before the meal made my meal a perfect one.

I then rolled for Don.   The die rolled a 6.  The die gets to choose his section as well.
After Several more rolls, The die finally chose Booze as well.
I then rolled a 1 which means I got to choose which Item in that section that Don had to try and I decided on a Strawberry Margarita.  He loved it.  He also ordered a combo meal which for him was 2 Ground Beef Burritos!

The Prices here are also VERY reasonable, for all of the food and drinks we ended up with, The Bill was just under $40!   We had to take leftovers home of course.

Restaurant Atmosphere:     9
Menu Variety:   9
Comfort/Intimacy Level:   10
Service:  10
Food:  10

Top 3?   YES!
Oh and Just on a side note, The Bathrooms were super clean and Private!

No comments:

Post a Comment