Friday, November 18, 2011

THE HASH HOUSE

http://www.usmenuguide.com/hashhouse.htm

This is to not be confused with The Hash House a go go which is a different bird altogether, on our list of places to go though.

The Hash House is a nice family owned Breakfast restaurant just down on the corner of Decatur and Sahara.  Its been featured on The Cooking Network and has had great reviews.

Maria and I had previously been here and we loved the atmosphere, the food, the menu and the prices, We loved it so much that we started taking everyone here that we could find when we had the extra money and time in the mornings!

Don rolled the Big Green Die and it landed on a 2.
My choice.  I was craving Breakfast-and yes they serve lunch as well.
So off we went.  We seat ourselves here so we sat in the more secluded room and at a corner table so we could have some privacy and conversation.  Kyle was our server, he is a Teenager I think but I could be wrong and VERY friendly.

One time when Maria and I were there, he was there with some friends from his school, he was there as a guest and yet he was getting his friends their coffee and sodas, I laughed and told him that he is the Guest, he smiled and said that he knows but its just hard for him to relax when thats his job and its what he is used to.

Anyways.

Don ordered Orange Juice and I ordered coffee with Hazelnut creamer!   YUM

I rolled the die to see what I would have to try and a 6 came up which means the die gets to choose the section.   It chose Waist Watchers.   Then I rolled a 3 which meant Don got to choose which item from that section I had to try and he chose: The Skinny-Eggs, Oatmeal, Grits and a Biscuit.  It was OK, I dont like Grits but these had cheese in them so they werent half bad, what I was really impressed by was I ordered the Homemade Sausage Patty which comes with homemade hashbrowns which are really creamy and scrambled eggs because lets face it, The skinny on a cheat day wasnt going to cut it so I had 2 breakfasts basically!

Another Impressive thing about The Hash House is that when they bring you your Toast, they bring out a tray of extensive Jelly flavors from Strawberry and Mint to Homemade flavors like Watermellon and Jalepeno Butter and they all taste great!

I also mentioned casually to Kyle that I wanted to try the Lamb Hash but that I had never had Lamb and didnt want to waste money and that next week was my Birthday so maybe then, a few moments later, he came out with a small bowl of the lamb hash-on the house for me to try-It was heaven!

Time to roll for Don.   The die was a 1 so I got to pick the section of the menu for him and I chose Eggs & Things.  I rolled again and it was a 5 so that meant the die would choose an item from that section for him to try and it after a series of rolls picked out: Bacon & Eggs and 2 sides!

They also have a small section where they sell baked goods and have the jellies for sale!   Just a wonderful Place!  Mary is the owner's name and she a wonderful personality as well and she makes sure that she comes out and greets and meets everyone in the Joint!

I could go on about this place forever!

Restaurant Atmosphere:     9
Menu Variety:   2
Comfort/Intimacy Level:   9
Service:  8
Food:  8

Top 3?   Not for Dinner but Its my favorite Breakfast Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment