Friday, November 18, 2011

CHAPALAS MEXICAN RESTAURANT #3

http://www.chapalasmexicanrestaurant.com/

We are Mexican food freaks!
Seriously, I love the culture, the music, the people.  

Don rolled the Die in the Kitchen and it landed on a 4.   His choice.

He chose Chapalas!

Now.  We had been here 2 times previously and had a wonderful experience with the staff, the food and of course we just think its a very intimate place and I was thinking that it couldnt possibly give us a 3rd Great experience, call me a pessimist but Ive never been anywhere that was always consistant, have you?

I was wrong!

This has got to be the best restaurant in Vegas, I mean sure we havent been to all of them yet and we are a LONG ways off but were working on it, I will let you know!

Upon arriving, I ordered a Peach Margarita which was delicious and they are HUGE by the way, You definately get what you pay for here and Don ordered a soda.

I rolled the die while our older server came out as usual and was smiling as she always is-Her name of course is never on my mind, she tells me and then I forget.  :*(   Im so sorry!    she deserves some serious praise on these reviews!

She gave us chips and dips which are always on the House.

I rolled for me first and the die was a 5.   So after a few more rolls I learned that I would be trying a Dessert and another roll, a 1 meant that I got to choose, I wanted to try their Fried Ice cream and see if it was any different than The Cantina and I decided at the end of the meal that I would find out.

I then rolled for Don-a 2
I get to choose a section from the menu.   I decided on Cocktails and I rolled again to see who would choose the drink for Don to try and it was a 6.  The die.  After Just one more roll the die picked Strawberry Margarita for him and he loved it.

We ordered as usual fare.  Him a 3 Item combo meal which was Beef (Ground) Burritos and me-a Chicken Tamale and 2 Ground Beef Tacos, always so good, The Rice and Beans as well!   The Only difference that I see between here and say the cantina is that here the chips and dip in the start dont include bean dip but the refried beans you get on your plate later more than make up for that! 

The Fried Ice Cream?   OMG.   SOOOO  Good and so much different than the Cantina which puts Coconuts on Top, Here its just cinnamon and a cherry and whipped cream of course!

Restaurant Atmosphere:     10
Menu Variety:  10
Comfort/Intimacy Level:   10
Service:  10
Food:  10

Top 3?    YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment